What are the preventive measures for UPS battery thermal runaway？
News 2023年4月26日 106
High attention must be paid to the thermal runaway of UPS batteries. Although the battery itself is constantly releasing heat and difficult to dissipate heat, but as long as appropriate measures are taken and careful maintenance, thermal runaway can be prevented.
UPS battery thermal runaway preventive measures
Battery thermal runaway means that when the battery is charged at constant voltage, the charging current and UPS battery temperature increase cumulatively, gradually damaging the battery. The thermal loss of the battery will cause the battery to lose water quickly, the electrolyte in the diaphragm will dry up quickly, and eventually make the battery fail. Battery thermal runaway refers to the cumulative enhancement and gradual damage of the battery current and UPS battery temperature when the battery is charged at constant voltage.
1, charging equipment should have temperature compensation function or current limiting;
2, strictly control the quality of the safety valve, so that the battery internal gas discharge normally;
3, the UPS battery should be set in a well-ventilated position, and control the UPS battery temperature.
How to prevent battery thermal runaway
1. Correctly select and timely adjust the floating charging voltage.
2. The oxygen recombination reaction is carried out on the negative electrode, so the negative electrode has the highest temperature. Moreover, the pole and grid is metal, is a good conductor of heat, it is sensitive to the temperature of the battery is certainly better than the shell, so when charging to constantly monitor the negative pole temperature, especially in summer or at noon, to pay special attention to whether the temperature of the battery rises.
3. The charging equipment should have temperature compensation and current limiting functions.
4. Strictly control the quality of the safety valve to avoid failure and ensure the normal discharge of gas inside the battery.
Causes of UPS battery thermal runaway
There are many reasons for the thermal runaway of UPS battery. High charging voltage and large gas volume will produce thermal runaway. If a single cell battery in the battery set has a serious thermal runaway, but the charging constant voltage value remains unchanged, other single cell batteries will also have a relatively high charging voltage, resulting in thermal runaway. Specific analysis is as follows:
1. Compact assembly causes difficulty in heat dissipation
For compact batteries, the electrolyte is stored in porous partitions, which makes heat dissipation difficult. It is not like the ordinary lead-acid battery can be charged in the gas out of the electrolyte stirring, conducive to heat dissipation. When there is a partial short circuit inside the battery, the temperature of the battery rises higher.
2. The high temperature in summer will increase the floating charging flow
If the floating charging voltage is not reduced in time, the temperature of the battery will rise rapidly. Excessive oxygen circulation is generated due to excessive charging voltage and excessive gas extraction. If there is a micro short circuit in one battery, the charging voltage is also increased.
3. The safety valve is lax or the opening pressure is too low
The phenomenon of heat storage runaway is very typical. The direct consequence of thermal runaway is that the electrolyte inside the UPS battery dries up, the internal resistance of the UPS battery is abnormal, the battery shell is deformed and expanded, or even cracked, and a large amount of acid gas is emitted. Battery fire, explosion is a more common power battery system thermal runaway hazard performance, the impact is more serious, will not only cause property losses and environmental damage, and even cause personal injury or life danger.
Caloong adopts advanced production technology and strict quality control system to ensure stable battery quality and reliable performance. Voltage, capacity and seal are 100% checked on line.