Lithium Battery / Li-ion Batteries / Lithium Cell
What is lithium battery?
Lithium battery refers to batteries that are made of lithium (including metal lithium, lithium alloy, lithium ion, lithium polymer).
Lithium battery types
Lithium batteries can be divided into two categories: lithium metal batteries and lithium ion batteries.
Lithium metal battery
Lithium metal batteries are made of Li metal, and are generally non-rechargeable. Lithium metal batteries are generally batteries that use lithium metal or lithium alloy as the material of the negative electrode, and MnO2 as the positive electrode material. It uses a non-aqueous electrolyte solution.
Li ion Batteries
Lithium-ion batteries refers to batteries that use lithium alloy oxides as positive electrode materials, graphite as negative electrode materials, and non-aqueous electrolytes.
Lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable, and are mainly used as power batteries.
Lithium batteries are mainly used as power batteries for lithium iron phosphate batteries, lithium manganese oxide batteries, lithium cobalt oxide batteries and ternary lithium batteries (ternary nickel-cobalt-manganese).
Advantages of lithium battery
1. High energy density: The energy density of lithium battery has reached 460-600Wh/kg, which is about 6-7 times that of lead-acid batteries.
2. Long service life: The service life of lithium battery can reach more than 6 years, the battery with lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode is charged and discharged about 10,000 times.
3. The rated voltage is high: The working voltage of a single unit is 3.7V or 3.2V.
4. High power: Lithium iron phosphate lithium-ion battery for electric vehicles can reach 15-30C charge and discharge capacity, suitable for high-intensity start-up acceleration.
5. Low self-discharge rate : Generally the self-discharge rate of lithium battery is below 1%/month at present.
6. Light weight: The weight is about 1/6-1/5 of the lead-acid battery under the same volume
7. High reliability: Lithium battery can be used in the environment of -20 ° C – 60 ° C, and can be used in the environment of -45 ° C after technical treatment.
8. Environmental protection: Lithium battery does not contain or occurs any toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances such as lead, mercury, and cadmium.
The uses of lithium battery
Lithium ion car battery
Lithium-ion batteries are used in the automotive industry. Lithium batteries have strong stability, environmental protection, and long life. Because of their characteristics of less pollution, and diversified energy sources, they have been greatly developed in the electric vehicle industry. Therefore, the application of lithium-ion car batteries is an ideal energy solution.
Lithium ion battery on planes
Due to the strong advantages of lithium-ion batteries, aerospace organizations also use lithium-ion batteries in space missions. At present, the main role of lithium-ion batteries in special fields is to provide support for launch and flight corrections and ground operations; at the same time, it is beneficial to improve the efficacy of primary batteries and support night operations.
Lithium ion battery on solar / mobile / video etc
From electronic watches, CD players, mobile phones, MP3, MP4, cameras, video cameras, various remote controls, razors, pistol drills, children’s toys, etc. Lithium-ion batteries are widely used in electric tools ranging from emergency power supplies in hospitals, hotels, supermarkets, telephone exchanges, etc.
Caloong Lithium Battery
Caloong New Energy is a leading manufacturer of storage battery. We specialize in the lithium ion batteries solution. Our products with high long service life, high energy density, environmental protection, high reliability are widely used in solar, car, marine, etc. Any needs on energy solution please contact without hesitation.