Do you know the classification and characteristics of valve-controlled sealed lead-acid batteries?
News 2022年12月1日 104
Why are lead-acid batteries popular? There are three main reasons:
1. Comparative advantage in performance
At present, large-scale industrial secondary batteries mainly include lead-acid batteries, nickel-cadmium batteries, nickel-hydrogen batteries and lithium-ion batteries. Nickel-cadmium batteries contain the highly toxic element cadmium and are gradually being replaced by other batteries. Currently, the most widely used batteries on the market are lead-acid batteries, lithium-ion batteries and nickel-hydrogen batteries.
2. Cost comparative advantage
Lead-acid batteries are the cheapest secondary batteries, costing about one-third as much per unit of energy as lithium-ion or nickel-hydrogen batteries. In addition, the main components of lead-acid batteries are lead and lead compounds, which contain up to 60 percent of the battery’s total mass. The comprehensive cost of lead-acid batteries is low because the residual value of waste batteries is higher and the recovery price is more than 30% of that of new batteries.
3. Comparative advantages of recycling
Lead-acid battery is the most easy to recycle because of its simple composition, mature recycling technology and high recycling value. World production of recycled lead has exceeded that of primary lead. The reuse rate of lead in used lead-acid batteries has exceeded 98.5 percent in the United States and over 90 percent in China.
Nickel-cadmium batteries, nickel-hydrogen batteries and lithium-ion batteries are mostly small batteries with complex composition, high regeneration cost and difficulty in recycling, which makes it difficult for the recycling industry to realize market-oriented operation. At present, the global average recovery rate of these batteries is less than 20%, especially for lithium-ion batteries, which are not effectively recycled and recycled in most countries.
And there are many types of lead-acid batteries, such as colloidal lead-acid batteries, valve-controlled sealed lead-acid batteries, and today we are going to talk about valve-controlled lead-acid batteries. The cover of the valve controlled lead-acid battery shell is generally made of ABS synthetic resin or flame-retardant plastic. The positive and negative poles are made of special lead-calcium alloy plate grid coated plate, and the divider is made of high-quality ultrafine glass fiber cotton (felt). It is equipped with safe and reliable pressure relief valve for high pressure exhaust.
Classification of lead-acid batteries with valve-controlled seals
One is the lean liquid type, namely the cathode absorption microfiber diaphragm cell; The other type is colloidal batteries.
The use principle and production method of these two types of valve-controlled sealed lead-acid batteries are based on the original lead-acid batteries. After promoting the oxygen cycle compound and inhibiting hydrogen, the production of oxygen can be considered as the loss of water. If there is excessive water loss, the battery will dry up and fail, and the internal resistance of the battery will increase, which leads to the capacity loss of the battery.
Characteristics of valve-controlled sealed lead-acid batteries
(1) Water refill is not required during maintenance;
(2) Excellent high current discharge performance, especially excellent discharge performance;
(3) The self-discharge current is small, the monthly self-discharge rate is below 2% at 25℃, about 1/5 ~ 1/4 of other lead-acid batteries;
(4) No leakage, no acid fog, no corrosion of equipment, harmless to people, no pollution of the environment;
(5) Long battery life, the battery life can reach 10~15 years;
(6) Compact structure, good sealing performance, and equipment in the same room installation, vertical or horizontal installation, small area, high seismic performance;
(7) There is no memory effect of nickel-cadmium battery
The valve-controlled sealed lead acid battery produced by caloong has the following advantages:
(1) The positive and negative plates of the battery are all wrapped by the isolation plate, so that the effective substances of Li Ming will not fall off easily and increase the service life.
(2) The plate grid of the valve-controlled sealed lead-acid battery is made of antimony free lead alloy, and the self-discharge coefficient of the battery is very small.
(3) The valve-controlled sealed lead-acid battery does not need to refill any liquid manually in the long run, and will not produce acid mist and gas in the process of use, and the subsequent maintenance workload is small.
(4) The volume of the valve-controlled sealed lead-acid battery is smaller than that of the traditional battery, but the capacity inside is higher than that of the old battery.
(5) The valve-controlled sealed lead-acid battery has a high degree of sealing, and the electrolyte is absorbed like a gel in the isolation plate with a high porosity, which will not flow easily, so the battery can be placed horizontally.
(6) The internal resistance of the battery is small, and the characteristics of large current discharge are good.
Caloong adopts advanced production technology and strict quality control system to ensure stable battery quality and reliable performance. Voltage, capacity and seal are 100% checked on line.